Friday, October 12, 2007

Une vie!

Lately I've been running into a lot of people my age who "resign" to the "fact" that they're not going to live past the age of thirty. Whether it be by use (or misuse) of substances or people, I don't know, but I've always found it strange. On the one hand, I say okay, sure, it's your choice I guess. But on the other hand, I'm thinking... are you mad?!

I, for one, want to live a long and prosperous life (all right Trekkies, do your thing). There are so many things I want to do and accomplish in my lifetime, including (but not limited to) becoming a great artist, getting my pilot's license, joining the Peace Corps, travelling the world, making friends, serving God, etc. If I happen to fall in love, get married and have children, well, those're just perks of the journey, aye? In my eyes, things like love sort of just happen, and best happen when you least expect it. Besides, getting my pilot's license is a much more attainable goal than finding "The One" XD

So go on, you angsty late-teens on the cusp of life! I dare you to live, really live without excessive drugs or alcohol or sex. I dare you to slow down and just take in the world with all senses, and take it for what it is. Who knows, you might just like it.

As for me, well... I'll see you up in the skies.


2 comments:

ovolon said...

I dare you to live, really live without excessive drugs or alcohol or sex. I dare you to slow down and just take in the world with all senses, and take it for what it is.

Yeah! You know what it's about! But I wish I could think like this all the time

Brent said...

Aww I love this entry..

plus

I, for one, want to live a long and prosperous life (all right Trekkies, do your thing).
This is awesome. It was destiny. (your entry was written almost two years ago!)