Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I love you... like a scientist loves a good theory

That's why when I first laid eyes upon you, I was skeptic.

If ever I've been swept off my feet by something fantastic, it was only for a fleeting moment - something that good couldn't possibly be true.

So I waited.
I watched you in your natural habitat, assessing your strengths, your high points, and your low points. Then I moved into the experimental phase, poking and prodding where I should to attain the most accurate results. How do you move? How do you react to this? And to this? And to that...? Most results turned up very good. Almost too good.

And so the experimenting became rigorous, the inquisitions tougher. At what temperature and in what situation do you freeze? Boil? Melt like liquid? Disappear like gas? Under what circumstances are you no longer solid? I need to know!

I need to know how you tick, I need to attack you from all sides so I know you're durable; I need to know that you can stand up against the worst critics and, in the midst of whatever inane nitpickery, hold my stage... so please don't fail me; please don't crack; please keep giving me results I can work with, because when theory becomes fact, I can finally be happy -

I can finally love you.

1 comment:

Lauren Ashley said...

This is easily the most beautiful thing I've ever read. I'm happy for you! ^_^