Monday, December 15, 2008

It's a video blog!

video


So I decided to do a vlog for today's entry :)
Back when I first did vlogging I dedicated a lot of time per video to making sure my camera presence was okay, that the editing was okay, and that I had enough interesting content to hold viewers' attention. This one is, by comparison, very raw, I just shot it straight through and chopped out some parts in iMovie. As a result you don't get very many pauses, it's basically me talking straight through, which may be boring, but oh well!

Is vlogging in the future for Jordan?
I don't think so, actually. I'm much more comfortable with a text-and-pictures medium than I am with video, at least when it comes to coming up with content. I may throw some random things here and there, but it won't be a regular thing. It's hard for me to make myself interesting on video, you know what I mean?

Hehe, maybe Lauren can help me with my camera presence ;D

The only other time I'd want to do videos is with a group of people. I want to film silly interactions, or even skits if we're feeling a little more organized. I think stuff like that is way cool, and a fun way to express ideas and just plain fun. So if anyone is up for that kind of thing, let me know! It should be good times and gravy, really ;)

In relation to what I had said in my video, I wanted to thank my life drawing teacher Jen for teaching me about the importance of honing in on strengths. I'm pretty sure I'd listed her as a person-to-thank already, but I just can't thank her enough. Thanks also to my dad for showing me the same ideas at almost the same time Jen was telling me about it. Coincidence? I think not. Thanks to the big guy up there, that totally felt like a "God wink" (hehe, Lauren).

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

GREAT entry! I really liked it and I based yesterday's journal on it.

Lauren Ashley said...

NICE!!!

I don't know how much I could help, the only thing I'd say is look at the camera when you do it, that way when a person watches it, it looks like you're looking and talking to them. :)

Other than that... I don't know... maybe don't think of it so much as a vlog - imagine the camera as the person you're talking to, and just talk normally... keep in all the uh's and ums and what not, as if you were having a conversation with someone. This gives it a more relaxed feel. :)

Great job, though - I always love your vlogs and blogs because of the content. :) It's a good read! :D

And yes, God Winks are great!!! Funny story about that btw... lol.