Thursday, January 1, 2009

I'm here, in the New Year!

By golly gosh, it's the New Year. I have signed up to do NaBloPoMo again for the month of January. This time, I will attempt to put up a sketch every day. TRY. I do not have a scanner compatible with my computer right now, but I'll find a way. Either way, I'm sketching every day.

I actually wanted to talk about something non-art related, and more New Year related.

A few years ago I ahd given up on the idea of making "New Years Resolutions." I never seemed to follow through on them, and I figured, if I just wanted to do something, I'd feel my own motivation to do it, and on my own time. I don't want to force myself based on some tradition to do it at the beginning of the year. So I haven't made New Years Resolutions for the past few years. This year that's going to change.

After going through some mental and physical stress, I realized that I kinded needed an overhaul. So this year I'm making it my New Year's Resolution to improve my immune system.

Strange? It makes sense.
During the Las Vegas trip I kept falling asleep in the car... I did through the whole 4 hours we were driving, not even waking up. I feel asleep in restaurants, cars, other places, guh, it was pretty bad. My aunts started to worry about me. I don't know what it was, but Vegas made me feel terrible. It isn't just then, either: I constantly fall asleep at family functions, random times of the day, and I just feel tired. Maybe I'm just fatigued, and I don't want to be a hypochondriac by pointing at something else, so I won't.

To help me fulfill and maintain my resolution, I have enlisted the help of this webpage: How to Develop a Strong Immune System. Straightforward, no? These are very easy to follow, but I am sometimes bad at keeping commitments like these. Yes, it is indeed a commitment, a change in lifestyle. Basically, I must
  • Think positively
  • Have lots of Vitamin C in my body
  • Water water water water water
A lot of really common sense things I don't always follow. It does mention the benefits of resting a lot, but I rest too much. I want to get to the point where I rarely get sick and I don't fall asleep at parties unless it's past like 3AM. That would be glorious :) Sleeping's become somewhat of an escape for me: when I'm hurt, angry, sad, confused, or simply bored, I will sleep. No more.

Anyway, do you make New Years Resolutions? If so, what are they?
If you do, good luck in keeping them.
If not, may your 2009 be just as fulfilling and prosperous.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

That's a great resolution! It's something a little small, not tons of effort needs to be done, and you can only get better at it!

I think this year I'll try and take my dogs for a walk everyday. Not because I'm health conscious (it is part of it), but my dogs NEED to be walked and I feel bad for barely doing it.

I know it'll be hard at first, but once I get used to it, it'll be so easy! And my dogs will be much happier and won't be as annoying (hopefully!)