Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Third... okay, nevermind

Third day, repeat of the first day! Class-wise, at least.

So in Typography I got to introduce myself with my nametag and reveal my hidden talent of saying the alphabet backwards very very quickly. I think I'll post a video of that one day, a long with a scan (there's that word again) of the nametag. I can't get over how cool my teacher is, and how fun the class seems to be so far. I don't think I've ever been this hyped up for a semester!

I didn't fall asleep through Astronautics, woohoo! Christine sat in with me again. All the prof really did was explain how the assignment website worked. For nearly an hour. I think she was just killing time.

Nonverbal Communication is, so far, my favorite class. The teacher is just so kooky and fun, and she gave us a little group thing to do today. And we have experientials! The content is something I've always been interested in, and the way she presents it is just so very neat and efficient with her little pre-arranged packet and stuff. In case you couldn't already tell, interactive classes like this TOTALLY do it for me. I think I'll get a lot from this class, I really do. I'm so excited! I feel just like how I did in elementary school, kind of sad that lesson's over, yelling in my head, "wait! Just go over one more point, just the next point! Please? Please???"

I'm such a nerd.

Oh, this is a comic site my friend showed me a couple years back. It's pretty funny in a weird and sometimes ridiculous way. I love the juxtaposition (I hope I used that right) of the traditional style of pen-ish lineart with modern witticism and just plain whackness. Yes, whackness.



Married to the Sea

2 comments:

Lauren Ashley said...

OHMIGAWD!!!

Maybe it's just because I'm a band geek... but... BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN!

That comic was win. As was your title... as was your excitement over your classes. I liked this blog. Glad to see you're enjoying block one of school. :)

Brent said...

Man, I want to be you. My classes are so not fun compared to that :(

And yessssss that comic is just YESSS