Friday, January 2, 2009

Weird way to start the year

I'm beginning to regret my decision to do NaBloPoMo again. I've been feeling a little slow lately, as though I'd been pushed back some. I'm more irritable nowadays for the smallest things, and although it's only been going on for about a week, I feel like it won't ever end. The days go by slowly. I wish I could start school as soon as my sister or my other friends who attend UC's; they start classes next Monday.

My original intention for keeping up with NaBlo for January was so I could sketch every day and show you the results. I'm still posting every day, and yes, you will get a sketch from each day of January. They won't be that good. Maybe you'll get some good ones, sometimes, but most of them will not be that good. I'm thinking of moving my NaBlo focus to my other blog on tegaki-e, which is a blog site where everything is entirely hand-drawn – the entries and the comments and the user profiles alike. Yes, this means I'll have to do it all on computer, but that will only make it more convenient for me.

I've been irritable lately, and I don't really feel like sketching every day, but I will. When I sketch I get frustrated with myself, like I'm trying to put out something good, but something's blocking me from realy being as good as I want to be. Maybe I'm blocking me.

I wanted some change, but I'm off to a rough start.
It's only the 2nd.
This, too, shall pass.

Also, change is one letter away from chance.
Check out this video:


Chance
Uploaded by titounetsan

2 comments:

Lauren Ashley said...

OMG... that was intense!!! I love the one where the robbers are in the car! :)

And I know what you mean about the blocking part - but keep sketching! You'll push past it eventually! :)

Chelsea said...

Usually when I'm irritable there's some underlying reason that I can't seem to figure out unless I try really hard. Usually I don't deal with my feelings and hope they'll just go away, but that never works and tends to backfire on me and spread to others. Lately it's come down to me feeling trapped by my family and upset at the point I am in my life right now.

I don't start school until the end of January, I REALLY want to do something. I'm bored already too!

The only thing I've been able to do from keeping myself from going crazy is giving myself little tasks every day or things I always avoid I'm finally doing. Busy work, mostly.

If you don't want to post everyday this month, take a break! Do it next month, or the one after, heck, you never have to do it again! You've done it once already!

Don't be too hard on yourself for drawing. I know that's impossible for artists, but still, try! Do a drawing and then tell yourself, "I'll do better next time!" or make fun of it in your Tegaki comments or something. Nobody is perfect 100 percent of the time! Everybody messes up and everybody has off days.

If everybody were perfect then life would be boring!