Thursday, February 12, 2009

Running commentary of tonight's ABDC

I would've done it on Twitter, but...
naaaahh.
ABDC Illusion challenge week!
Bullet form go!

(okay I'm gonna make all this white. Don't highlight it below unless you saw it, or just don't care :P I'll put it back to normal later.)

  • Beat Freaks WHAT. WHAT. WHAT. I need to know that levitation trick now. They incorporated it SO WELL into their dance, it was absolutely seamless. I started out not liking them because they seemed to be all about the fact that they were bgirls, as if being girls that did breaking made them special, lately they've been KILLING IT HARD. Mika's a huge fan. Jose predicts a Beat Freaks vs Quest finale. We'll see what happens. THAT WAS CRAZY
  • WOO QUEST! Okay, so JC said they did that posing thing again. I was actually worried about them, because how can they follow up something like what Beat Freaks did? They ended up doing a story type thing, but all through the performance I was nervous... I kept thinking, where's the illusion? Where's the illusion? After seeing Beat Freaks incorporate theirs so seamlessly, I was kind of looking for it here. They ended up doing it at the end, with the stabbing. Shane said Beat Freaks was on they' BUTTS! BUTTS, I SAY! Also, coatrack. I thought of Jose.
  • Huh, Strikers All-Stars did the same thing as Quest: they kind of separated the illusion from the rest of the choreography. If I had to guess why, it'd probably be because their tricks were more difficult than Beat Freaks'. Like they had to concentrate on it more.
  • Dynamic Editiooonnn! That was pretty sick, I hope they stay. I get all giddy every time they clog :P THEY MAKE ME WANT TO TAP DANCE UUUGGGHH. They actually did their illusion at the beginning, but then Brandon pulle the shoe thing at the end to kind of wrap it up. That was cute :)
  • Fly Khicks... not too impressed with the performance. The arm thing could've been cleaner, but I did like the way they did the splits to kind of reinforce what their challenge was. Mika was like, "Was that their trick?" and I said, "GOD I HOPE NOT!" I think they're going to leave. We'll see what happens. HAHAHA SHANE SAID YOU CAN'T BE HALF-STEPPING. AIN'T. NO. HALF. STEPPIN'.
TELL'EM JC. He says they'll face adversity, but they can't give up. Love it!

Okay, so far Beat Freaks had the best performance of the night. I'm a huge Quest fan, but I have to admit that Beat Freaks spanked them. On the butt. Delightfully. Hey, Quest said it themselves, they like it there :P

Then again, I think that the other tricks, especially putting something through the body (Quest, Strikers), were very much difficult to pull of, especially the way that Frans dude made them do it. During the rehearsal, Quest did that punching through the bodies thing that I think would've meshed better into the choreography.

WHAT DYNAMIC EDITION JUST GOT OFF WHAT
WHAT NO
NO :((((((

I voted for them SO MUCH LAST WEEK UGH
Apparently not enough :(

NOOOO BOOO

AW MAN THAT THING AT THE END WITH THEIR GOOD-BYE THING AAWW
aaaww.
They said that they wanted to prove clogging had a place in the dancing world AND THEY SO DID. Now I have to take up tap again. In their honor.

lolol Mika @ Fly Khicks, "THEY'RE SLUTS!"

All right time to vote.
QUEST QUEST QUEST QUEST QUEST
and some for Beat Freaks and probably Strikers too
but QUEST QUEST QUEST QUEST QUEST
http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/dance_crew/voting.jhtml?episodeId=5155

No comments: