Saturday, June 13, 2009

How many pushups can Superman do?

Probably more than me—I clock out at about 10 consecutive pushups (unless you count the sad little halfie that made me collapse). That was my result for the initial test of the hundred pushups challenge.

The concept is simple: follow the program until you eventually get up to being able to do 100 consecutive pushups.

I know what you're thinking: who the hell does that??

Well, I the hell does that.

Although I detest pushups, it's probably the most basic form of strength exercising you can do without equipment. I personally always preferred strength training using the weight of your own body as opposed to external weights, like lifting and ridiculous machines and whatnot. It's more practical, because what're you going to be lifting the rest of your life? Yourself.

For those of you who know what I look like, you're probably laughing harder than the rest: you know that I'm a tiny little Asian girl standing at 5'2" and weighing in at around 102 lbs. So if I can grow the ovaries to do this challenge, so can you!

Will you join me?
To be honest, I'd be perfectly fine if I ended up doing like, 50 consecutive, but hey, why not go all the way?

Check out the site at hundredpushups.com!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Ok, I sooo wanna do this! I have a problem with arm fat xD

Justin said...

I don't think I'll be growing the ovaries for it, but I think I have the stones to try. :P

Brent said...

That's amazing, I wanna see you do it someday. :P