Monday, February 1, 2010

Was that NaBloPoMo?

I managed to drag myself out of it, into a whole year of doing the same damn thing. I missed a total of about 7 days (out of 31) for last month's NaBloPoMo, wow. I guess when it's sketching I'm just not as committed. I'll admit, you are not always going to see something pretty from me for the entire year. Some days I won't even sketch for the blog, I'll just throw something up that I sketched today for something else (like I'm doing right now).

These are 2 of 8 rough drafts I did for a Team Fortress 2 package redesign. That's my assignment in my graphic design class: to redesign an existing PC game or software. So I chose TF2! I almost picked Left 4 Dead 2, but I decided against it. My rough drafts for the package cover were due today, so here are two of my extremely rough sketches:


Yes yes, the typography leaves much to be desired but hey, they're hand-drawn roughs.

I'm supposed to be drawing one of Jenny's characters, and I sincerely apologize to her for slacking on it. This past weekend was not the best for me, and Mondays/Wednesdays are my longass days, but I promise you I will get it done soon!

Anyway, now that January's done, I'm wondering if I should still post my daily sketches in this blog. Back ot the sketch blog, eh? Or should I transfer my dailies to a tumblr or flickr account? Not quite sure there. Thoughts anyone? Where would you prefer to enjoy my sketches?

3 comments:

睡覺 said...

God helps those who help themselves. ....................................................

Jenny said...

Personally, I'd take flickr because I think that's the best place to share pictures, and I'm not familiar with tumblr

Lauren Ashley said...

I'd love if you'd keep posting them here... and I have to say, I'm kind of jealous of this work relationship you've got going with Jenny ;P

I hope you keep up with the sketches... maybe not one every day but keep posting them because I do love to see them. :) You've got a lot of talent and your drawings make me happy. ^_^